Super Retro Squad Kickstarter Campaign

Yes, we’re jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon, and we’re announcing our first commercial game.

1. Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Wow.

Hmm... maybe to introduce each character, there could be a fake title screen for each fictional game?

roman6a and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  2. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

I can imagine. Especially when I look at Erin.

Agh I got doubled!
    So I guess that makes the drafty fanart I made second ?

roman6a and silentshadowxp like this.
  3. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

You know I actually have a base story plot for Mecha Boy, a story which I think it could surprisingly well working for the character for what he is and all. I can share if interested...

roman6a likes this.
  4. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe the Unicorn could be SRS' equivalent of Sophia? Limiting it to certain levels or a temporary power-up could work with that.

roman6a, BassWins and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  5. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, Erin actually took the longest out of anyone.

That drawing looks pretty awesome, nice job :)

roman6a likes this.
  6. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

Know what I was going to post?

roman6a likes this.
  7. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Probably wouldn't hurt to post this, here the nice quality version of the kickstarter image. :D
    srs-kickstarter-small.png

8. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

DAMN THANK YOU!
    I actually kind of needed that.

roman6a likes this.
  9. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

I suggest that when the game SMBC is ported to Unity, you add skins for these guys. I and A&S have suggested this already.

roman6a likes this.
  10. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

"Not terribly excited about how Erin looks, but pretty cool nonetheless"

Yeah, I mean this as no insult to the graphics guys, but she looks a little weird to me. But I'll wait to see her full animation set.

"Message: Same idea, separate time."

Yeah you mentioned skins, but character unlocks would be epic I think. Either or I'll be fine with, we don't even know how they play yet :D

roman6a likes this.
  11. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Perhaps this will change your mind. erin.png

I agree that the side view is not as good as this one. Zach was having a hard time with it.

12. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

I made all the sprites for everyone, I think Erin turned out alright but it's hard to tell what she supposed to look like from her sprite. Jay's about to post an different pose for her and explain something.

Edit: I have been ninja'd

Anyway, here's a bigger one too:
    Untitled.png

The armor she wears is supposed to resemble crystals, so that might help explain her design. Also, the blue parts between the armor are supposed to be energy that protects her body and lets her move more without the armor being in the way.

roman6a, fractor, BassWins and 3 others like this.
  13. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Haha I didn't explain anything!

14. Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Look. I know what the Mani Cousins' enemy should be called. Bowser's Japanese name, King Koopa (as well as the koopa troopas) come from the Korean meal, Kuppa. Other dishes he was going to name him after were Bibinba and Yukke. So, Bibinba or Yukke would be awesome names for him.

15. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Yeah, that front sprite makes it look heaps better. Also, I just realized she reminds me of this guy:
    [​IMG]
    And I never liked how he looked...but now that I know it was just residual distaste for Glide I can appreciate Erin more.

There's no real point to this post...but I am definitely going to get the $80 prize by the end of the month.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  16. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Omg Erin looks much cooler from that angle

I like the idea of this crystal parasite armor

I also like how she's a thief. Aran is the idol of brave heroism and Erin is the idol of dick-ass anti-heroism :D I wonder what the suit wants her to do

:bsamus:[​IMG]

roman6a, ZeroXBeoulve and uglyrodent like this.
  17. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Made an awesome banner type thing for my signature and the Kickstarter page!

18. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Btw Ryuza there are still some smileys with purple boxes around them (I noticed this when I posted Erin and Samus together)

roman6a likes this.
  19. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Those ones have boxes on purpose so people can easily reference the size of a character when considering a skin, although I probably should add one for that Samus pose that doesn't have the box.

roman6a and aliceandsven like this.
  20. Merc Level 3: Paratroopa

Yeah that is what I'm wondering at this point. Has there been any plans on how you guys are going to present the characters/story to us? I like the idea of fake title screens, maybe the "Press Start" screen can show up before you start the respective characters world (but only on your first play through)?

Also will every character be unlocked from the start like SMBC or do you plan to have us beat their world before we can use them elsewhere?