News Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets skinnable graphics and a new power-up system.

1. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Yeah I've timed out like 5~ times already even on normal mode.

roman6a likes this.
  2. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Really O_o I run lower than 100 seconds more often than normal (read: at all), but I've yet to time out in this version.

Then again I don't stop to kill every enemy either >_>

roman6a and Mario-Fan like this.
  3. SimplyMatt Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

It's like [insert big list here of games, versions, music, and characters] all in one big orgy.

4. Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

Why is it that most of the screen is missing when I try to play?

5. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

What do you mean?

roman6a likes this.
  6. Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

roman6a likes this.
  7. roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

8. Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

It's not zoomed in and there's no way to zoom out.

9. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I have to say, I didn't really care for Simon before, but in this version he's all kinds of badass. He dishes out a lot of damage, and the variety of sub-weapons makes him much more interesting. His whip upgrade and II and III items don't seem to appear very often for me, though.

Also, it would be interesting (but by no means necessary) if Jay were to make certain blocks always give a certain sub-weapon (or randomly the whip upgrade/II/III, if you need them) at a certain location, depending on what would be most useful for what's coming up in the level (this is what happens in the Castlevania games). It's probably not worth the trouble of changing it, but it would be interesting. :)

Rey D and roman6a like this.
  10. Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

I'm playing it on Chrome.​
    It's pretty good, but the music choices for the Mega Man characters are pretty weird.​

11. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

NES Proto Man FTW! It has Snake Man's theme! *melts*

12. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Ravior: Right click the game, hit "Zoom Out". It should fix it.

roman6a likes this.
  13. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Experimenting with the Active Title Screen (trademarked and copyrighted) and World 9 bugs

"Really O_o I run lower than 100 seconds more often than normal (read: at all), but I've yet to time out in this version." --UR

It's because this power up system is so fucking unforgiving, I have to scrounge every level and backtrack to boxes if I go to coin areas. This is a huge problem for some characters who move very slow.

14. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

I play on easy, everything on random but I have the music set to character, and if I play as haggle man I put it on gameboy filiter. just because I think he looks sexy as hell with the gameboy filter on. I love going down a pipe in the morning. and going back up at night time :D IN THE SAME LEVEL! it's so awesome .it's like.. just how long did I spend down there:D and also when going down tubes and coming up in a completely different looking world. I imagine the character is like where the F am I. or if it's the same world but the badguys look different. it's just so awesome!

silentshadowxp and roman6a like this.
  15. leonmuse Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

WTF? The game on the Crossover page is the old one... I am using Firefox... How can i play 2.0 ? =/

EDIT: Ok, Google Chrome also shows the old game =/

16. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

shift + click refresh?

17. leonmuse Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Ok, i really tried the refresh option (F5), and cleared the Cache, to no avail...=/

Someone help me here, i'm going mad... the game's out and i can't play it because of this stupid reason... Can someone send me the link to where the Flash is hosted?

18. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

hold shift when you press Refresh

19. leonmuse Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Shit+F5? Really???
    Shift makes me unable to update a page here... Aren't you mistaken about the key?

20. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

if you can't press and hold SHIFT and then "click refresh".

then just delete your cache. your browser setting are making your system use the old chached version.