Let's Play Metroid Fusion with Jay

Jay Pavlina plays through Metroid Fusion and gives commentary along the way.

1. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    World 1-1, sbq92 and Anon421 like this.
  2. Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

Considered doing Zero Mission? Sorry, I haven't watched the full video yet, I was wondering.

3. Jay Level 13: ER Team

I didn't choose this game. It was a Kickstarter reward. I don't have any other LP's planned since I'm really busy with SRS.

Captain Knight likes this.
  4. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

So you really don't remember things, do you?
    It's cool.

5. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

Was the winner anyone from off here?

6. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

"Was it like that in Super Metroid?"

No... a lot of things Super did were butchered in Fusion.

"MIssile door"

hahaha... this is going to be fun to watch.

Mario-Fan likes this.
  7. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

"Winner" ? If you mean the person who had the Let's Play reward, they registered and I discussed quickly with them and they pledged A LOT and then disappeared.

8. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

But do you know who it was?

9. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

Matthew Welch I think. It's not my friend but that's their name.
    I've forgotten their forum name.

10. Jay Level 13: ER Team

11. Jessy Level 13: ER Team

I'm trying to figure out if somebody actually did say that to these terraforming monsters...
    :samus: :bush::post::fire::bowser::tree:

12. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

Have a nice stay, Bowser! I hope you enjoy the berries on this nightshade plant!

13. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

I don't really understand the point of that "slash" animation on the charge shot

14. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

It's red because it restores your health and missiles a lot lot more than yellow or green parasites.

It's funny to see how confused you were. :>

15. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

I don't know if it's fully recorded yet, but I'm not going to say anything about the coloured gates. I want to see more confusion.

16. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

The first episode and more than one post clearly states it was recorded more than a month ago.
    Just look at his hair.
    Besides, you don't really need to say anything about the gates.

Mario-Fan likes this.
  17. Jay Level 13: ER Team

I recorded it while I was still in California. It took me forever to edit it because of everything else that was going on.

Mario-Fan likes this.
  18. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

You should enable the Headphone Sound mode when playing (Visible on the save game selection screen). This will enable stereo sound and a low (High?) pass filter to eliminate the excessive crispness of the audio.

Depending on what revision and region of the game you are playing, it may not save the setting so you'll need to set it each time you resume playing (Unless you use save states).

So yeah, the biggest impact that enabling Headphone has would be Stereo Sound. The other stuff it changes is more or less subjective and may make you not like how it sounds.

Better to try it out early before you get too comfy with the mono sound though!

19. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

He recorded the whole thing when he was still in California. That's months ago now. I'll bet he's already finished it.
    Also you know what we say,
    DON'T! DOUBLE! POST![/hooverreference]

20. Jay Level 13: ER Team