Request Just one word... Tanooky

Discussion in 'Characters' started by LukeTheKid7, Dec 26, 2011.

1. LukeTheKid7

LukeTheKid7 Level 0: Newbie

okay as you all may know in SMB3 There is a tanooki suit, and also in the new game Super mario 3d land... But why not in this? this is a great game and I think there sould be a SMB3 form of both Mario and Luigi That instead replaces the fire flower with a Tanooki leaf, or a cheat that would do that. if you agree (or disagree) Post!

2. BluePaladin25

BluePaladin25 Level 1: Goomba

Tanooki*

Captain Knight likes this.
  3. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

I think it should be a cheat, since if it would be there like normal, it wouldn't really be SUPER MARIO BROS. Crossover, it'd be Super Mario Bros. 3 Crossover, kinda.

And I'm not sure if this should be in "Characters" Sub-Forum, or "Features" sub-forum.

LukeTheKid7 likes this.
  4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top
    Supporter

Not enough! We need to put Tanooki tails on EVERYTHING!

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 8: Hammer Bro
    Supporter

I think it'd be great to add the Raccoon Leaf/Tanooki Suit to SMBC. Then all we'd have to do is get close replicas of SMB3 stages when Level Editor finally rolls around--bing bom boom, everyone's happy.

The difficult thing, though, would be deciding the powers each character gets from it. Not only is there the Raccoon's tail-floaty-thingy and the Tail Whip, but you also have to consider what each character would have in place of Mario's turn-into-a-statue power.

6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser
    Supporter

I can see this happening as a unique power-up for Mario's SMB3 skin, if he ever gets one, and if Jay ever manages to have skinning affect things like that.

7. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

One thing:

It's Tanooki, not Tanooky.

8. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

9. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober
    Supporter

I was personally hoping Luigi would have the tail as his power-up, but I guess not :(

The tail is perhaps the most iconic and memorable of the power-ups in my opinion (mushroom, flower, and star aside), and I would be a sad panda if it weren't included at some point.

10. TheomanZero

Supporter

Yeah, but all of the levels in SMB are only one screen tall. You'd have nowhere to fly.

11. silentshadowxp

Supporter

The flight aspect of it isn't really necessary. In fact, I'd much rather it not allow the ability to fly. From a "game design" perspective, allowing a player the ability to just bypass most of the level is a bad idea. While I do want it in the game, I personally feel as though it should only have the ability to slow the player's descent and the ability to whip enemies with the tail.

TheomanZero likes this.
  12. TheomanZero

Supporter

Sort of like in Super Mario 3D Land? Hmm . . . I could see that working, actually. It'd be interesting to give a Mario brother the ability to smash through blocks like the other characters.

13. silentshadowxp

Supporter

Exactly like Mario 3D Land (though I've had this same opinion since before that game even came out). I think it should be the regular one though, and not the one that lets you turn into a statue. We wouldn't want to make the game too easy with it. Essentially the raccoon tail alone from Mario 3 except without the flight.

14. pote

pote Level 1: Goomba

pleeese tanooki

15. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yes, more power ups for mario and luigi, everyone else has mutable.

some other items could be Ice flower,Hamer suit, and if the tanoki is in, THE P-WING

16. silentshadowxp

Supporter

Samus already has the ice beam which has the same effect as the ice flower, Simon's axes act just like the hammer suit, and the P-Wing would be entirely too overpowered. Tanooki is all that we need. :p

17. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

:oops: well every other charater has WAY more.

AHA, MEGAMUSHROOM, remember, that has a time limit

18. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober
    Supporter

People are forgetting what makes SMBC...SMBC. We don't need the Tanooki Suit... Mario and Luigi are fine the way they are.

TheomanZero likes this.
  19. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe but implementing smb3 mario would be a cool idea maybe because of all the powerups.. You could cycle through the suits like megaman and bass

20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top
    Supporter

Interesting idea, but that's not how SMB3 Mario and Luigi work. The system is in place, though, for random power-ups from the boxes. It would be easy enough to make it so that if you're playing as SMB3 Mario or Luigi, the boxes would randomly give a Fire Flower, a Leaf, a Tanooki Suit, a Frog Suit, or a Hammer Bros. Suit (am I forgetting any?).