How to Play Flash Games with a Gamepad

asdfsadf

1. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Everyone and roman6a like this.
  2. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

I use a program called motioninjoy for my PS3 on a 64bit system, anyway. it comes with function to set it up with the keyboard, or have it be a gamepad. but motioninjoy only works with 360 and PS3 controllers. but it does make it super simple. although windows vista 64 has to be put in test mode to use it and have it work. and that's something i didn't know how to do. but I found out how to do it with help from a goolgle search.

roman6a likes this.
  3. Simon Belmont Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I have a Dell Inspiron and I have an X-BOX 360 controller. How do I hook the controller up?

4. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

I can't answer that unless you say what operation system you have. yes it actualy does matter. and yes it even matters if it's 64 or 32 bit. so please say everything. and I might be able to help you. or Jay might. I think he has a 360 controller. but it's different for XP, Vista, and 7.

5. Simon Belmont Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

An "Inspiron | 1501".

6. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

an Inspiron is not an operation system it is the type of computer, the computer I had was an Inspiron, but it had windows XP on it. do you understand?

like the computer I'm on right now (not mine but I'm using it) is an Inspiron 530S, and it's OS is Windows Vista 64

roman6a likes this.
  7. Simon Belmont Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah, I don't know.

8. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906347

first of all go there,

then go here

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/articles/how-to-play-flash-games-with-a-gamepad

get joy to key, it's free,

but you don't seem to know a lot about computers. so you might need help.

I use a PS3 controller. so I don't know how I could help you. , i can't tell you with exacts on how to do things. but i have worked with Joytokey before. so I might not have the exact answers. but I believe i could help you with a general understanding of how that program works.

9. Jeff Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I use "Joy to Key" and it works perfectly. I also play with the actual NES controller! Or the SNES controller, for characters that need three buttons. I got the adapters from http://www.retrousb.com/. I actually bought the adapters that convert NES/SNES to Gamecube, and I have a Gamecube to USB converter to get them to work with the computer. That's unnecessarily convoluted if you don't have a Gamecube or Wii to play classic games on, but I use it for the computer and the Wii, so it works pretty well. Nothing more awesome than playing Super Mario Bros Crossover with an actual NES pad, though!

10. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

I have to use Joy2key myself, it seems that my microsoft security updated disabled my other one. but oh well. i can still use MY PS3 controller. that's all that really matters

11. nightrazer Level 0: Newbie

I use an xbox360/pc controller. Logitec chillstream and it has worked fine for years with a lot
    of emulation and its nice to see its use in the flash. i some minor problems setting up since some keys couldnt
    be found and if i reset the keys and did my keyassings to the controller then nothing works. but hey.. its trail and error..
    and it works good enough now. i've had similar problems before in various emulators.
    I used Joy2key and i hope i will work on my linux debian system as well. since it got X Y B A buttons it makes in easier when toled "press B button".

Windows Vista 64
    3GB ram
    dualcore 1.9ghz
    Asus Laptop
    radeon HD3200

12. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

If I somehow manage to get Bluetooth for my Acer home computer, I'll get Darwiin Remote and play with mah Wii Remote.

13. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

Mario-Fan used THREAD REVIVAL POTION!
    Wait, isn't Darwiin Remote for Mac?
    Then what's good for a Windows XP Professional?

Rey D likes this.
  14. Jose Chapa Level 6: Lakitu

i figured it out, glovePIE is what you need to download to use a wiimote on a pc, its pretty easy and simple. the only thing you need is bluetooth for your pc (wiimotes send messages through bluetooth)

15. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

I thought you read the Info For Newcomers...
    Basically, that's double posting.
    No double posting.
    Anyway, thanks - if I ever get Bluetooth for this computer...

Jose Chapa likes this.
  16. phineusbright247 Level 0: Newbie

thanx guys....this was helpful....using my ps3 controller with joy2key to play all the games that i loved......these games are so much better than bigger games....and the controller just adds to the exprnce.........

17. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

You're welcome. :) Also, would you like to be a human being?

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  18. Tdog Level 0: Newbie

Need help getting my PS3 controller to work.

Have Windows 7

So I downloaded joytokey

Plugged in my PS3 controller (the computer knows it).

Trying to map out the keys on my PS3 controller..

Now I'm not sure what to do...

19. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

Try setting them to random buttons and testing them in SMBC.

20. BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

Does qjoypad work with Wii Mote? Just wondering.... if not I'll just use my USB SNES controller.