Official Art Update #1 - Manni and Lanzo

Art Update #1 - Manni and Lanzo

1. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Ryuza submitted a new resource:

Art Update #1 - Manni and Lanzo - Art Update #1 - Manni and Lanzo
    Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    Ev3cr3th, Crownjo, Frozsoul and 10 others like this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Manni and Lanzo get a new drafty fanart to celebrate this thread!
    I will do the same for every thread like this you'll make. :)

However, I wonder if it's ok for me to do this since I make and will make fanarts considering the new informations...

silentshadowxp likes this.
  3. Ryuza

Looks pretty cool, nice job! :D

It should be fine for you to make fanart based on small things I mention here, I plan to eventually post some official art of the characters for everyone, so small details won't be that much of a secret. If you're unsure if something is supposed to stay on these forums though feel free to ask :)

thecatreturns123 and Rey D like this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah, except for Manni's failed hat and that Lanzo ended up being bigger than Manni.

EDIT: I just got a feedback from an outsider saying: "It looks like Mario and Luigi haha!"

pdba likes this.
  5. Fantasy_Zone

Fantasy_Zone Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Looks good. The nitpicking over the placement of the hands is the kind of attention to detail I enjoy reading about in a process discussion.

TheomanZero and uglyrodent like this.
  6. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

These look really nice. Great job! I like how the M in Manni's name looks like a game controller.

7. Wolf0PHL

Wolf0PHL Level 3: Paratroopa

Ahem, character portraits?

8. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Coming soon.

9. thecatreturns123

thecatreturns123 Level 9: Spike Top

Oh oh I haven't even been here and yet so cool! I didn't quite see the hard-working/relaxed element until you said, but now it's so clear, how that just the little upturn on the trousers and things make a difference. Pixel art must require so much subtlety! I suppose we mightn't get to see them moving about until the until game?

10. Ryuza

Even a single pixel can usually make a huge difference, I spend a lot of time just adding or removing pixels in certain spots to get it just right. :)

Hopefully I'll have some animated stuff to post for you guys once things get rolling, I'll probably end up posting a few walk cycles and such here and there a bit further into development.

thecatreturns123 likes this.
  11. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Manni Pullblox.JPG Lanzo Pullblox.JPG
    Every character gets one in their AP thread.

Crownjo, TheomanZero and pdba like this.
  12. Fantasy_Zone

What is it?

13. Faruga

Patron

14. Fantasy_Zone

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Faruga likes this.
  16. Faruga

Patron

I'm gonna add commentary to each of these in their posts, but since others have commented on them here, I'll comment on them in this post.
    Manni: I changed all of the black pixels below the helmet to a slightly lighter black, but I added a diagonal pattern to his beard because it's completely black and it would be impossible to get off the ground otherwise. I also changed two pixels on the helmet.
    Lanzo: As with Manni, I made all the black pixels below the helmet a bit lighter and added a diagonal pattern. I changed three pixels on the helmet instead of two. I think it was because it would have been impossible to get on the helmet otherwise.