Yes, we’re jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon, and we’re announcing our first commercial game. Please visit the Super Retro Squad Kickstarter page for more info.
Things got a bit more expensive once I started forming a team, so if you can help us out, we’d really appreciate it. The campaign will last 30 days, and I’ll post updates along the way. We’re asking for $10,000, but hopefully we’ll get a bit extra because that is a tight budget to work with.
Here are the main points made in the video:
You can find the AMA here.
- SRS is not simply a rehash of SMBC. It will have a lot of new stuff.
- Some people made fan art! Awesome.
- I’m doing an AMA on Reddit on June 26th at 12:00 PM pacific time.
- I changed some of the rewards on the Kickstarter to give people more value.
- We’re looking for ideas for stretch goals.
- We’re very thankful for everyone’s support!
If we get over $50,000 pledged to the project, a documentary about the development of the game will be made by Nicholas Kleczewski. For more info, see the post on Kickstarter. All I can say is… I’m excited!
We successfully funded Super Retro Squad and reached all of our stretch goals. I give an update on what to expect now.